Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Chase is on!!

OK - so this great guy at work tells me he loves me and wants to date me even though he is married (but he is getting a divorce - any day now), so I have to do whatever it takes to be near him. I work at facility 'B' and he works at facility 'A' and even though his trips to facility B have increased exponentially so he can visit me, I just know that I have to do something!!! What should I do? I know - I will update my resume and try for any and every job at Lurch's facility so I can be near my honeybunch!!! I will make lots of phone calls and call in some favors. There are so many women he works with that I need to defend my claim on him and eliminate the competition. He is such a prize - I cannot lose him!
.
Ooops - that is Lurch's fantasy - now for a dose of reality!
.
Yes, I did update my resume. And I did call everyone I knew to get a new job. However, I was looking for a job at facility 'C' and only C - Lurch had no reason (other than one or two times a year) to go there. I even sent my resume to lots of outside companies. Anything to not have to work with him. It took a couple of months to get the new job and finally move. While I had to split my time 50/50 between the old and new job during my transition period, at least I was at a different facility. That new facility, by the way, takes longer to get to and is not nearly as nice as the one I left. I would have rather stayed at facility B, but C is MUCH nicer because Lurch is not there!!! The interesting part about this whole thing is that I actually told Lurch I was taking the new job to get away from him - he had the nerve to tell me that he was still dumping Bertha and was going to prove me wrong because he loved me and wanted to be with me because I was perfect for him. It was just taking longer than he expected to get rid of Bertha. Yeah - right.

Up next: so what does Lurch do about my move???
.
Full disclosure - I was seriously considering looking for a new job (at any of the 3 facilities) because my boss - who was not supposed to be my boss when I took the job - was very 'inexperienced' and made some REALLY bad decisions. However, I was going to wait another year before I started looking..........................

To my readers - thanks :-)

1 comment: